AGD Code: 490
3 Hour Lecture | Technical and Scientific
Dentists: $65 | Hygienists: $50 | All Other Categories: $45
Dental caries is a reversible infection that is not resolved with restorative dentistry. Head, neck and oral cancer rates continue to rise.
Periodontal disease starts with a biofilm-based infection that creates a wound that, in turn, induces the inflammatory cascade responsible for
the disease. With increasing research pointing to the connection between oral disease and medical conditions, our goal must change to optimal health. Early recognition ensures earlier intervention and disease prevention. Metrics can give us the power to quickly arrive at data-driven decisions to measure the impact of our work toward optimal patient health.
• Discover and learn to use the 2018 AAP Classifications for Periodontal Health and Disease
• Review the ADPIED process of care to identify the causative and influencing factors that can be reduced, eliminated, or prevented
• Determine the most accurate risk assessment, diagnosis and treatment codes
• Learn to write SOAP notes and Twitter-Style dental-medical necessity documentation
• Discover success strategies through case studies