AGD Code: 142
3 Hour Lecture | Technical and Scientific
Dentists: $65 | Hygienists: $50 | All Other Categories: $45
Every day starting in 2011, ten-thousand (10,000) people turn age 65 daily and will continue for many more years! This unprecedented
phenomenon is termed The Silver Tsunami. Medical advances have enabled people to live longer and healthier lives, dental advances have
resulted in the preservation of healthy dentition in these later years. You already know that many oral symptoms can be a key indicator of a
more serious health condition. This fact has particularly serious implications for Baby Boomers, many of whom cease their routine oral care
visits with retirement. Reasons include a loss of dental benefits at retirement and a failure to recognize the value that maintaining oral health
has for one’s overall health, well-being, and longevity. Dental professionals can prepare themselves to meet these demands with a thorough
knowledge of the needs and treatments specific to this demographic.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
• Describe lifespan vs. health-span
• Merge the latest oral-systemic information into treatment decisions
• Manage age-related disorders and physiological changes associated with periodontal disease, caries and oral cancer
• Know how to correctly and satisfactorily answer the question “Will Medicare cover it?“
• 5 Simple Action Steps to make it work.