AGD Code: 730
3 Hour Lecture | Technical and Scientific
Dentists: $65 | Hygienists: $50 | All Other Categories: $45
Fulfills TSBDE Rule 108.12 continuing education requirements
Children suffering from sleep disordered breathing face a myriad of associated health and behavioral concerns including snoring, headaches,
mouth breathing, nightmares, bed-wetting, mood changes, and poor concentration. Parents are often unaware that their child is living with
unidentified sleep apnea and of the long-term impact that this could have on their child’s life. Offering pediatric sleep apnea services gives your team the opportunity to play a pivotal role in a child’s development. During this in-depth course, participants will discuss clinical evaluation, treatment modalities, and working with referring and medical providers. Learn tips, tools, and techniques for maximizing insurance billing. Gain the knowledge and motivation to treat children with sleep apnea and the skills to implement these services in a way that boosts practice profitability.
• Learn the difference stages of sleep and why adequate sleep is important for healthy development
• Learn to identify the underlying causes of sleep apnea
• Learn to evaluate sleep apnea in children using clinical examinations, behavioral cues, and parental interview
• Learn the criteria for treatment with oral appliances , including selection and customization
• Discover a range of treatment options to expand the arches, train the tongue, establish nasal breathing, eliminate bad habits… and more!
• Pinpoint best practices for effective medical insurance billing
• Identify how to optimize results-driven marketing to promote sleep apnea services